Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What I Packed


Based on today's assignment I made a mental packing list:
Bible
Tennis shoes
Pants
Shirt
Jacket
Here are a few of the things I used today that I didn't pack:
Undergarments
Pajamas
Tooth brush/paste
Soap
Towel
Van with four car seats to safely transport my kids + an extra around town
Dishes
Espresso machine (twice)
Phones (land line + cell)
Computer
T.V. + DVD player
Exercise bike + gear (was riding the bike while making the list)
Dishwasher
Fridge
Freezer
Special blankies + books + the couch reading to my kids
Toys
The list goes on. Last time I did this activity I was traveling to Grandma's for Christmas. I had packed four suitcases for my kiddos and I. We left our house full of things- you couldn't even tell anything was missing. On the way to the airport I thought of a bunch of things I forgot. And we traveled to another house full or stuff, but I still "had" to stop at Walmart on the way home from the airport. And to think, I would have classified myself as un-materialistic. Hmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Never thought of it that way-- after packing to leave home for a trip. You can look around your home and not be able to tell that anything is missing.

    Guess I don't need that shopping trip to the "Stuff Mart" tomorrow (a.k.a. Target)...

    ReplyDelete